3.16.2009

influential

Upon entrance (in continuation to my previous post "entrance" refers to Barnes & Noble), I was greeted by members of the Boy Scouts of America holding a fundraiser. In observation.. It's an ironic precedent: The boys are holding fundraisers and interacting among people who's general desire is to read or stimulate their minds while the Girl Scouts are selling cookies outside of Grocery Markets to those who are purchasing things out of necessity. More comparisons could be made and I could bring out my "Troop 799" sash with it's, ha ha, sewn on patches we were encouraged to put on ourselves... but I won't. (Probably why I also don't know how to sew. Figures..)

Judging by the people I've surrounded myself with lately and more than likely indefinitely.. A refined man's intellect is much deeper than a woman's (that I've seemed to meet in my lifetime, with exceptions of course). The desire to simply "know" never ends. Their passion for worldly knowledge intertwined with.. well the finer things in life.. surpasses any that I have observed, possibly including myself. This is what I would consider top percentile, regardless of sex. And furthermore, their ability to find people of similar intelligence without lacking ahem, social skills.. is also amazing. But the same type of people attract the similar, and I'm lucky to have found such a niche.

I'm a big fan of people watching, you see, from body language to tone, to outfits and comfortability level, as is many other people. In meeting friends of friends, colleagues etc., I observe the same. I don't JUDGE overtly.. but I do observe. I remember sitting at an In & Out window in my early teens making up stories about the muted people who walked by.. (Btw, I'm not much bothered by people either, so even if my staring caused discomfort, I'd flash a smile and continue on with my story.. even if no one was listening & it was me conversing with myself in my head). But here I go on off tangents as usual... Anyway..

Given a situation this is probably why I choose more to surround myself with properly [emotionally] detached, exceptionally entertaining (forgive the alliteration) people than those who feel the need to dwell and elaborate situation by situation, regardless of whether or not it directly involves them. In times where the latter occurs, it is only with a few people that I can, willingly tolerate such. Because primarily of their "big hearts." Which is why the few that I've got, I hold the utmost respect and love for. For their relentless and incomparable talent, whether specific or not.. And for their important effect in my life :) And, I'm sure the response would be a meaningless "Duh" had they heard/read this. Or, comment to themselves. Haha!

When you find people who stimulate your mind in such a sense.. you find yourself trying to be a better person, all around. They are very influential. Thanks guys. Hahaha.

To end..
I promise the next couple of entries will be a lot more uplifting than satirical.
And a lot less verbose.

No comments:

Post a Comment